Water Bead MSDS
1. Identification of the product and the company Supplier: http://waterbeads.net
2. Composition/Information on Ingredients Identification of the preparation: Super absorbent polymer (Cationic Polyacrylamide Powder)
3. Hazards Identification The product when wet renders surfaces extremely slippery. The product swells in water.
4. First Aid Measures Inhalation: No hazards which require special first aid measures. Skin contact: No hazards which require special first aid measures. Eye contact: Rinse thoroughly with plenty of water, also under the eyelids. In case of persistent eye irritation, consult a physician. Ingestion: The product is not considered toxic based on studies on laboratory animals.
5. Fire-Fighting Measures Suitable extinguishing media: Water, water spray, foam, carbon dioxide (C)2), dry powder. Fire extinguishing agents to avoid: None Special fire-fighting precautions: The product when wet renders surfaces extremely slippery. The product swells in water. Protective equipment for firefighters: No special protective measures against fire required.
6. Accidental Release Measures Personal precautions: No special precautions required. Environmental precautions: Does not contaminate water. Methods for cleaning up: Clean up promptly by scoop or vacuum. Keep in suitable and closed containers for disposal. After cleaning, flush away traces with water.
7. Handling and Storage Handling: Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Avoid dust formation. Do not breathe dust. Wash hands before breaks and at the end of workday. Storage: Keep in a dry, cool place (0-35ºC).
8. Exposure Controls / Personal Protection Engineering controls: Dust safety masks are recommended where concentration of total dust is more than 10 mg/m3. Personal protection equipment. Respiratory protection: Dust safety masks are recommended where concentration of total dust is more than 10 mg/m3. – Hand protection: Gloves are recommended. – Eye protection: Safety glasses with side-shields. Do not wear contact lenses. – Skin protection: No special protective clothing required. Hygiene measures: Wash hands before breaks and at the end of workday. Handle in accordance with good industrial hygiene and safety practice.
9. Physical and Chemical Properties Form: Granular solid Color: White Odor: None Melting point (ºC): Not applicable Flash point (ºC): Not applicable Auto ignition temperature (ºC): Not applicable Vapour pressure (mm Hg): Not applicable Bulk density: See Technical Bulletin Water solubility: Insoluble Viscosity (mPa s): See Technical Bulletin
10. Stability and Reactivity Stability: Product is stable, No hazardous polymerization will occur. Conditions to avoid: No special precautions required. Materials to avoid: The product swells in water. Hazardous decomposition products: Thermal decomposition may produce: hydrogen cyanide (hydrocyanic acid), nitrogen oxides (NOx), carbon oxides.
11. Toxicological Information Acute toxicity – Oral: Not toxic: LD50/oral/rat > 5000 mg/kg – Dermal: Not toxic: LD50/dermal/rabbit > 200mg/kg Irritation – Skin: Not irritating. – Eyes: Moderate eye irritation due to effects all powders have on conjunctivae. Sensitization: Not sensitizing.
12. Ecological Information Exotoxicity: Ecological injures are not know or expected under normal use. Aquatic toxicity is unlikely due to low solubility. Persistence / degradability: Not readily biodegradable, < 10% after 28 days.
13. Disposal Considerations Waste from residues / unused products: In accordance with federal, state, and local regulations. Contaminated packaging: Can be land filled or incinerated, with in compliance with local regulations.
14. Transport Information Not regulated by DOT
15. Regulatory Information All components of this product are on the TSCA and DSL inventories RCRA status: Not a hazardous waste. Hazardous waste number: Not applicable Repotable quantity (40 CFR 302): Not applicable Threshold planning quantity (40 CFR 302): Not applicable HMIS & NFPA Ratings HMIS NFPA Health: 1 1 Flammability: 1 1 Reactivity: 0 0
SAFE HANDLING INFORMATION STORAGE AND TRANSPORT: Product is not a transport hazard. Avoid extremes of temperature, wet, damp or humid conditions.
SPILLS AND DISPOSAL: Granules can be swept up and used or disposed of. If material has been wet and a gel has formed it should be contained with sand or earth. Dispose at a landfill site.
FIRE/EXPLOSION HAZARD: Although product is non-flammable as with many organic powders, flammable dust clouds may be formed. Avoid creating dust and keep away from sources of ignition. If involved in a fire use carbon dioxide, dry powder or foam in preference to water spray.
OTHER INFORMATION: Spilled product can be very slippery if it becomes wet.
NOTICE: Information for this product is believed to be reliable, however buyer and user assume all risk of use, handling and storage whether in accordance with directions or not. waterbeads.net and its agents give no guarantee or warranty of any kind express or implied concerning the use of this product and will not accept any responsibility whatsoever whether in contract or tort for any loss including consequential loss arising out of the use of this product or caused by this product.